On August 16 to 18 lovers and friends of rum are coming together for another fantastic National Rum Day in D.C. However, there’s a better deal to be had if you decide to celebrate National Rum Day at Bolongo Bay Beach Resort in the US Virgin Islands where they say “Welcome to the islands of the don’t hurry. Where life never moves too fast and Cruzan Rum flows freely”.
Instead of a 3-day party, bask in the glory of a 5 day vacation package. It promises to be an amazing experience with the world’s finest rums and expect to be blown away by Cruzan Rum cocktails and drinks.
Did you know that there are many variants of rum? There are gold, white, spiced, and aged rums.
Cruzan Rum is the Official Rum of the USVI and is produced at the Cruzan Facility in St. Croix, USVI. Their distillery was founded in 1760 and claims the distinction of “the most honored rum distillery in the world.” For eight generations and through various changes in corporate ownership, the distillery has been managed by the Nelthropp family.
Their collection includes: Cruzan Banana Rum, Cruzan Black Cherry Rum, Cruzan Citrus Rum, Cruzan Coconut Rum, Cruzan Guava Rum, Cruzan Mango Rum, Cruzan Guava Rum, Cruzan Pineapple Rum, Cruzan Raspberry Rum, Cruzan Strawberry Rum, Cruzan Passion Fruit Rum, Cruzan Key Lime Rum, Cruzan Vanilla Rum, Cruzan Aged Light Rum, Cruzan Aged Dark Rum, Cruzan Single Barrel Rum, Cruzan 151° Rum, Cruzan Black Strap Rum, Cruzan 9 Spiced Rum
Share Rum Trivia While You Enjoy Sun and Rum
If you’re a rum lover or just enjoy drinking, why not be social and share some interesting trivia about rum. Your first day at Bolongo Bay will be the welcome rum punch and your very own bottle of Cruzan rum. You’ll also be part of the sunset cocktail cruise and a thrilling booze hunt in the bay. As you sip and chill with the best the Caribbean has to offer, share and show off your knowledge on rum trivia:
- Molasses comes from sugar. It is sugar cane that has been crushed, boiled and reduced to sugar then left to cure. It used to be considered industrial waste in the 17th century that was dumped in the ocean even though sugar at that time was as precious as fuel is today
- Rum was first known as kill-devil or “rumbullion” which translates to rumble or violent brawl
- The 15 year old El Dorado Special Reserve from Guyana is the best among low-priced rums
- The first rum distillery in the U.S. was in Staten Island which started operations in the mid 1660s
- By the 1700s, American rum was selling for a little over 1 shilling
- Benjamin Franklin loved rum and his favorite was the one from Jamaica
- There was a time in Australia’s history when rum replaced money as currency
Bolongo Bay Beach Resort is offering a special, “Our Sun & Rum” All Inclusive package. The package includes:
- The 5th night Free if National Rum Day (Aug 16) is one of the nights in your stay
- Welcome Rum Punch on arrival
- Oceanview Accommodations (2nd or 3rd floor)
- Free Sunset Harbor Cocktail cruise
- Free bottle of Cruzan rum in your room on arrival
- Snorkel booze hunt on National Rum Day, yes we hide Rum in the bay and you snorkel to find it. One bottle per room is allowed so everyone has a chance for an afternoon toast.
Must stay over the night of August 16 (Rum Day) to be eligible for special. Book your tickets now and savor a rich, relaxing and rejuvenating 5 day holiday in the sun! For reservations, call toll-free at 1-800-524-4746 or visit www.BolongoBay.com.
No passports are needed for US citizens to travel to the US Virgin Islands.
Saturday27 Jul 2013